Going Green at Heath dental
Toothbrush recycling at Heath dental
The practice is doing their bit to help the environment, we have recently made the following changes:
- Changed from plastic patient cups to paper (which are compostable)
- Purchase recycled A4 paper
- We use rechargeable batteries
- Recycle our A4 paper internally, to maximise every page
- Changed where we can from disposable instruments to reusable
- Collection box for old/empty toothpaste tubes, toothbrushes, interdental tools & dental floss/tape boxes, once filled it will be sent off to be recycled
In addition, we use LED light-bulbs where ever possible. LED lights are up to 80% more efficient than traditional lighting such as fluorescent and incandescent lights. 95% of the energy in LED’s is converted into light and only 5% is wasted as heat… less energy use reduces the demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions.
We recycle the following
- Ink cartridges
- Paper & cardboard
- Tassimo pods
- Old pens
In fact, our new iTero scanner helps to reduce the number of plastics used in the practice, as there is no more need to take moulds.